Quick Facts – See Below For Specific Details
- A transparent process from start to finish. We are always available during shop hours at (636) 317-1410. We are open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and we are closed on Sunday and Monday.
- 1-19 cards $20 per card, $20+ cards – $18 per card. No hidden fees
- No upcharge for modern cards (2001 to present) no matter their raw value.
- No minimum if you are dropping off and picking up at the shop or sending your cards with us through SGCcardgrading.com.
- 10-card minimum for free shipping. All shipments will have tracking and insurance is available for an additional cost.
- We submit cards every Wednesday to SGC.
- The average turnaround is 5-10 business days.
- Payment must be made before submissions will be sent.
- We do not offer a card evaluation service.
- Use our Submission Form if you’re dropping off at the shop.
- Go to SGCcardgrading.com if you wish to submit with us online.
For us, expediency is the law of the land. The faster we can turn your cards around, and at a good price, the happier we both will be.
To that end, what you won’t find with us is a card evaluation service.
If you need that service there are many reputable places to find it, but we would rather you save the $3-5 per card charged by others for their opinion to get more cards graded.
And, let’s be honest here, there is no guarantee that goes along with the paid evaluation, just an opinion. The grading of the card is still subjective, it adds on days to the time the card is actually sent to SGC, and no one is going to give your money back if their evaluation proves to be inaccurate.
Think of our service as what you would encounter if you dropped your cards off at a card show to be sent off for grading. You fill out the form, pay for the grading, and we do the rest.
However, if you have looked over your cards but need help deciding what to send, we are always available to help talk through the process.
Transparency is Everything!
Entrusting us with your cards is a big step and we get that.
Whether we take your cards in the shop, at a show, or you ship them to us, we want you to know what we are doing every step of the way.
Here’s what we do after we take possession of your cards:
- Back at the shop, your cards will be secured until Wednesday morning when prep for shipping begins.
- The first step in shipping preparation is verifying the submission is correct (if there is an issue we will reach out) and taking photos of the cards we are sending to SGC along with the appropriate submission form.
- Once the cards are boxed and the shipping label attached we email the photos and the tracking information for the shipment to each person who submitted with us that week, that way you can confirm what we are sending in for you and track the progress of the shipment as it makes its way to SGC.
- When the cards are on their way back to us you will receive that tracking number via email and we will send pictures of the front and back of the graded cards. SGC provides photos of the graded cards as part of their service.
- Once the cards are in our possession again, they will be ready for pickup after 5 p.m. on the day they arrive. If we are shipping your cards, we will have them out to you within 24 hours.
What are the costs? Any minimums?
The standard grading fee for cards from the year 2000 or older with raw values of less than $1,500 is $20 per card. Modern cards (2001 to present) are also $20 per card but will never have an upcharge.
Turnaround time of approximately 5-10 business days.
There are no minimums if you will be picking up the cards at the shop. If we are shipping, the minimum submission for free shipping is 10 cards. If you would like to submit less than 10 cards there will be additional shipping.
We do not charge any handling or processing fees and return shipping is free (insurance available on request).
We believe the no-hidden-fees approach is the most transparent way to conduct business … and the math at $20 per card keeps it simple.
*** If you are an active member of our private Facebook group, there are no minimum submission requirements since we can ship graded cards with the cards from the breaks. Any cards hit during the breaks can also be submitted to us for grading just by letting us know. If you’d like to join our Facebook group, please click the “Join Our Facebook Group” link in the menu.***
Please note: On rare occasions, SGC may upcharge for cards older than the year 2000 with raw values above $1,499 (If the value is determined by SGC to be $1,500 to $3,500 the charge will be $85; $3,500 to $7,500, the charge will be $125; $7,500 to $20,000, the charge will be $250). Any such charges are the responsibility of the owner of the card. If there is an upcharge we will provide appropriate documentation from SGC as well as a link for payment.
Oversized items (larger than 3 ½ ” x 5 ½ “ but no larger than 6 ¾” x 8 ¾”) can also be graded, but at a cost of $100 per card.
Does SGC Authenticate Hand-signed items?
No. SGC only grades autos certified by the manufacturer.
In a nutshell, if you pulled the autograph from a pack, SGC will grade it. If you got the signature yourself, they will not.
How Often Do You Submit Cards to SGC?
We submit orders to SGC every Wednesday.
Do You Accept Submissions at the Shop?
Yes, we have a submission station set up at the shop for walk-ins.
We are open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and we are closed on Sunday and Monday.
When Do I Have to Pay?
Payment for grading is due BEFORE we send your cards to SGC.
At shows and in the shop we take payment when you drop the cards off. If you are using sgccardgrading.com, the final step in the process, before shipping your cards to us, will be paying for your submission.
What Does it Mean for Cards to be Submission Ready?
Once you have decided which cards you want to send for grading, you will need to put them in a penny sleeve and a semi-rigid holder. Thicker cards can be put in toploaders if they do not fit comfortably in a semi-rigid holder.
Your cards are now ready for submission.
My Cards Are Ready, Now What?
- Go to SGCcardgrading.com, enter your card information and pay for your submission.
- Next, package your cards well (you don’t want them bouncing around during shipping), write the order number on the outside of the package, and ship your cards to us. Shipping your package insured is always a good idea since we are not responsible for packages that arrive damaged or not at all.
- Once your cards arrive we will contact you to confirm arrival and the process will begin.
- Ship to:
235 Jungerman Road
St. Peters, Mo. 63376
If you need immediate assistance or have any questions, please call (636) 317-1410.