Quick Facts – See Below For Specific Details
- A transparent process from start to finish. We are always available during shop hours at (636) 317-1410. We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.; and we are closed on Sunday.
- 1-49 cards $20 per card, $50+ cards – $18 per card. No hidden fees
- No upcharge for modern cards (2001 to present) no matter their raw value.
- No minimum if you are dropping off and picking up at the shop. Yes, you can grade just one card.
- 10-card minimum for free shipping. All shipments will have tracking and insurance is available (please reach out to us for the cost)
- We submit cards every Wednesday to SGC.
- The average turnaround is 5-10 business days.
- Payment must be made before submissions will be sent.
- We do not offer a card evaluation service.
- Submission Form
- Payment link
For us, expediency is the law of the land. The faster we can turn your cards around, and at a good price, the happier we both will be.
To that end, what you won’t find with us is a card evaluation service.
If you need that service there are many reputable places to find it, but we would rather you save the $3-5 per card charged by others for their opinion to get more cards graded.
And, let’s be honest here, there is no guarantee that goes along with the paid evaluation, just an opinion. The grading of the card is still subjective, it adds on days to the time the card is actually sent to SGC, and no one is going to give your money back if their evaluation proves to be inaccurate.
Think of our service as what you would encounter if you dropped your cards off at a card show to be sent off for grading. You fill out the form, pay for the grading, and we do the rest.
However, if you have looked over your cards but need help deciding what to send, we are always available to help talk through the process.
Transparency is Everything!
Entrusting us with your cards is a big step and we get that.
Whether we take your cards in the shop, at a show, or you ship them to us, we want you to know what we are doing every step of the way.
Here’s what we do after we take possession of your cards:
- Back at the shop, your cards will be secured in a safe until Wednesday morning when prep for shipping begins.
- The first step in shipping preparation is verifying the submission is correct (if there is an issue we will reach out) and taking photos of the cards we are sending to SGC along with the appropriate submission form.
- Once the cards are boxed and the shipping label attached we email the photos and the tracking information for the shipment to each person who submitted with us that week, that way you can confirm what we are sending in for you and track the progress of the shipment as it makes its way to SGC.
- When the cards are on their way back to us you will receive that tracking number via email and we will send pictures of the front and back of the graded cards. SGC provides the photos of the graded cards as part of their service.
- Once the cards are in our possession again, we will reach out to you and arrange shipping. If you would like insured shipping (UPS is our preferred shipper), we will let you know the exact cost you will need to pay. There are no additional markups from us for insured shipping.
- All orders are shipped, and an email with tracking information sent, within 24 hours of the final arrangement.
What are the costs? Any minimums?
The standard grading fee for cards from the year 2000 or older with raw values of less than $1,500 is $20 per card. Modern cards (2001 to present) are also $20 per card but will never have an upcharge.
Turnaround time of approximately 5-10 business days.
There are no minimums if you will be picking up the cards at the shop. If we are shipping, the minimum submission for free shipping is 10 cards. If you would like to submit less than 10 cards there will be additional shipping.
We do not charge any handling or processing fees and return shipping is free (insurance available on request).
We believe the no-hidden-fees approach is the most transparent way to conduct business … and the math at $20 per card keeps it simple.
*** If you are an active member of our private Facebook group, there are no minimum submission requirements since we can ship graded cards with the cards from the breaks. Any cards hit during the breaks can also be submitted to us for grading just by letting us know. If you’d like to join our Facebook group, please click the “Join Our Facebook Group” link in the menu.***
Please note: On rare occasions, SGC may upcharge for cards older than 2000 with raw values above $1,499. Any such charges are the responsibility of the owner of the card. Oversized items (larger than 3 ½ ” x 5 ½ “) can also be graded, but at a cost of $100 per card.
Does SGC Authenticate Hand-signed items?
No. SGC only grades autos certified by the manufacturer.
In a nutshell, if you pulled the autograph from a pack, SGC will grade it. If you got the signature yourself, they will not.
How Often Do You Submit Cards to SGC?
We submit orders to SGC every Wednesday.
Do You Accept Submissions at the Shop?
Yes, we have a submission station set up at the shop for walk-ins.
We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.; and we are closed on Sunday.
When Do I Have to Pay?
Payment for grading is due BEFORE we send your cards to SGC.
At shows and in the shop we take payment when you drop the cards off. If you are shipping cards to us, we’ll contact you to let you know they have arrived and arrange payment.
What Does it Mean for Cards to be Submission Ready?
Once you have decided which cards you want to send for grading, you will need to put them in a penny sleeve and a semi-rigid holder. Thicker cards can be put in toploaders if they do not fit comfortably in a semi-rigid holder.
Your cards are now ready for submission.
My Cards are Ready, Now What?
- First, download and fill out the submission form. It’s an editable PDF, so you can type right on the form. If you are submitting more than 20 cards, just use another form.
- Next, email the completed form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “SGC Grading” and print out the form(s) to send with your order. If you don’t have the ability to print the form, let us know when you send the email.
- Finally, package your cards well (you don’t want them bouncing around during shipping), make sure you’ve printed out and included a copy of your completed form(s) (or put the invoice number provided on the outside of the package if you can’t print out the form), and ship your cards to us. Shipping your package insured is always a good idea since we are not responsible for packages that arrive damaged or not at all.
- Once your cards arrive we will contact you to confirm we have your order and arrange payment.
- Ship to:
235 Jungerman Road
St. Peters, Mo. 63376
If you need immediate assistance or have any questions, please call (636) 317-1410.