What is the Topps Rip Party?
In 2020, Topps selected a small group of breakers (including Restlesscraft Breakers) to help usher in the new year of baseball cards. Each breaker sold, through their normal format, 19 cases of 2020 Topps Series 1. We were then invited to Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, to open the cases live as part of a record-setting million card rip party. This year marks the third year of the rip party and our third year as a participant.
When is This Year’s Rip Party?
The 2022 Topps Series 1 Rip Party will kick off, for us, on Tuesday, Feb. 15, at 9 p.m. CST, shortly after the end of the 2022 Topps Series 1 Premier Paty in Los Angeles and right after our in-store party ends. Traditionally, the rip parties have been one-day events, but this year, with the approval from Topps, our rip party will last for five days, Tuesday, Feb. 15., through Saturday, Feb. 19.
Where Will This Year’s Rip Party Happen?
As with last year, Topps has decided that each participating breaker can choose where they want to hold their breaks. We will be breaking from our shop and have the live feeds on our YouTube channel: youtube.com/restlesscraftbreakers
Can I Participate in the breaks and will there be giveaways?
Yes and yes. Topps was very generous with their “swag” the past two years and we assume this year will be no different. We are also adding a number of freebies to those participating in our rip party breaks as well. When we have more information we’ll let you know.
On eBay (Click the Link Above)
- We will have 12 full-case jumbo rip party breaks of 2022 Topps Series 1 for our eBay friends.
- Cases 1-4 will be sold at 9 p.m., 10 p.m. 11 p.m. and midnight on Friday, Feb. 11
- Cases 5-8 will be sold at 9 p.m., 10 p.m. 11 p.m. and midnight on Saturday, Feb. 12
- Cases 9-12 will be sold at 9 p.m., 10 p.m. 11 p.m. and midnight on Sunday, Feb. 13.
- We will begin breaking the cases one per hour for 12 consecutive hours starting at 9 p.m. CST on Tuesday, Feb. 15. The last case will be opened at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 16. Each listing will have the time the case will break.
- eBay is sold in an auction format so the high bidder wins the team.
- See the item description on any eBay break listing for payment and shipping details.
- Listings for our eBay breaks will go live on Feb. 1 (cases 1-4), Feb. 2 (cases 5-8), and Feb. 3 (cases 9-12).
On Facebook (Click the Link Above)
- As with eBay, we will have 12 full-case jumbo rip party breaks of 2022 Topps Series 1 for our Facebook family.
- However, unlike eBay’s one break day, these cases will break three per day over four days: Wednesday, Feb. 16; Thursday, Feb. 17; Friday, Feb. 18; and Saturday, Feb. 19.
- The cases will break one per hour at 6 p.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Our Facebook breaks will be sold three per day on Thursday, Feb. 10; Friday, Feb. 11; Saturday, Feb. 12; and Sunday, Feb. 13 at 6 p.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m. each day. All breaks must be paid for by the end of the day Sunday, Feb. 13, no exceptions.
- Facebook Breaks for 2022 Topps Series 1 will be sold first-to-claim in a Pick Your Team Format. Pricing will be available once a checklist is provided by Topps.